7/15/2006

Reef Depth and Painting Series-ly

This painting, Reef Depth, is from my first series in abstract acrylics which abstractified coral reefs. I am currently working on multiple series of paintings and regularly rotate through them depending on the day's interests, challenges and inspirations. After spending years floating around watercolors, I moved into acrylics and began working ambi-dextrously. Yes, with both hands. Yes, sometimes at the same time and sometimes not. Other artists who do/did this? Not many on a consistent basis but Leonardo da Vinci is well-known for his ambi-dexterity (good company).
I am currently painting the following series:- Reef, Elemental Compositions (in acrylics now), Carribean Exile, and WAKE UP (politically-charged statements on coffee lids). I know, normally I'm not much of one for conceptual/found art either, but this concept had me in a half-Nelson. Today, I began developing the concept for a political series that will inquire into how life as we knew it is changing. Can I count on Social Security? What is Medicare Part D anyway? Is HIPAA something at the zoo or a bit of complex, cumbersome legislation? Do we really understand all these changes? Are the changes thought through? How do we respond to this changing socio-political landscape? This series will be formed on square canvases and will incorporate collage elements from our day-to-day. And, yes, I live in metro-Washington DC.
To learn more about my paintings, go to http://www.sarahbayne.com/. To learn more about my offerings as a creativity coach, go to http://www.abundantcreativity.com/.

© 2006 Sarah Canadine Bayne www.abundantcreativity.com and www.sarahbayne.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home